Mythos Project #2- Valhalla Is Near


Valhalla is near, I can feel it,
In my bones and in my heart.
From the blood on my chest and in my beard,
I can tell that the time is near.
What a battle it was!

With a sword in one hand and shield in the other,
I have instilled terror in the hearts of men all over the Northlands.
What a blow he gave me!

Curse the man who slew me!
May he rot from the inside out,
And the wolves eat his flesh,
And the ravens peck out his eyes!
What a chill I feel!

The wind freezes my feet,
The moon hides behind the clouds,
Dark and cold is my demise,
And so is my countenance.
What a feast there will be!


With sword in hand, Brynhildr will carry me to Valhalla
May Odin and Thor welcome me,
Tyr and Njördr congratulate me,
And raise a toast in honor of my life.

Valhalla is near,
I can feel it in my bones...

No comments:

Post a Comment